QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, October 04, 2010

QPR Report Monday Update: Jamie Mackie Wins Player of The Month...QPR's "Dirty" Tactics

-
- QPR Apps & Song - To Listen to "Cover Song"
-
-For QPR and Football Updates throughout the day, visit the ever-growing (and hopefully always-improving!) QPR Report Messageboard/quasi-blog. Either offer your own perspectives on any of the topics (QPR and football only). Or of course, feel free to simply read the various QPR and football-only discussions. Also: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
_____________________________________________________________________________________

- NO QPR PLAYERS in this Week's Football League's "Championship Team of the Week"

- PFA Give Me Football - QPR striker Jamie Mackie has been named the PFA Championship Fans’ Player of the Month for August/September.
- The 25-year-old has scored an impressive eight goals already this season to help Rangers open up an eight-point lead at the top of the table.
- Mackie has been a revelation since joining the Hoops from Plymouth in the summer and his goalscoring exploits have led to a call-up to the Scotland squad.
- On his inclusion in the squad for the games against the Czech Republic and Spain, Mackie said: “Me and my grandfather used to speak about it a lot and it’s a real honour for me to get this chance.
- “It was something I always knew was possible. I knew I qualified to play for Scotland but I didn’t know if anyone else knew.
- “I have been given a bit more of a high profile at QPR and I think people are now starting to take notice of me.”
- The former Wimbledon, Milton Keynes and Exeter player, added: “This has been a long road for me but I am nowhere near the end of it.
- “I am not a player who has burst onto the scene and as a teenager – I have had to work very hard to get where I am.
- “To be honest, the thought of playing against Spain, the world champions, is ridiculous – I am just delighted to be involved.”
- Mackie added: “I’m absolutely delighted. This award has been voted for by the fans, so that’s something really special for me.
- “I’m really pleased with how things have gone over the last few weeks, both for me personally and for the team.
- “I’ve got great confidence in my own ability, but the most important thing is the club and as long as we keep producing the goods, I’ll be absolutely delighted.” Give Me Football


Not Joining QPR?!

Standard/Ian Gibb - Kieran Djilali blasts QPR’s ‘dirty’ tactics as Palace slump
Crystal Palace youngster Kieran Djilali was far from impressed with QPR's robust approach as they secured a 2-1 win at Selhurst Park.
- The visitors continue to sweep all before them in the Championship but Djilali said: “A lot of dirty challenges were going in that the ref didn't notice.”
- If QPR boss Neil Warnock had been given the slightest encouragement, he would have taken Palace keeper Julian Speroni with him when he moved across London. But the Argentine committed an uncharacterisitic mistake to gift Heidar Helguson's 90th-minute winner.
- Edgar Davids was also guilty on a frustrating day for Palace. The former Tottenham man was competent until his weak back pass resulted in Adel Taarabt grabbing QPR's opener. This is London


- QPR's Win at Crystal Palace: Compilation of Reports and Comments


- Video Snippet from Crystal Palace Game

- Season Tickets Sold: 7,302

- For what it's worth: "Newcastle United Interested In £4m Rated QPR Playmaker"

- QPR one of the clubs interested in Bohemians' Paddy Madden?

- Flashback: Spurs Sign Kyle Walker!

- Birthday for Ex-QPR Terry Mancini

- Vine Speaking of His Hull Loan

- Premier League face potential 'Bosman' of TV rights

- Spurs and West Ham Both Trying for the Olympic Stadium

- VIDEO: On This Day: QPR 8 Crewe 1

- VIDEO: Terry Venables' QPR Evaluated

- VIDEO: Couple of Past QPR Wins Over Next Opponents, Norwich

- - Past Manager-of-the-Month Winners

- Australia (and other countries?) Taking Players for Six Weeks in January

- QPR Youth Player, Christian Nanetti Departs QPR

- Four Year Flashback: John Gregory Delighted and Optimistic

- QPR's August 2009 Statement re Hooliganism

- QPR Chants: The Collection

Blog Archive