QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, January 26, 2013

QPR Report Saturday: WBA's Odemwingie: Let me Join QPR...MKRangers!...Flashback: QPR Chairman Assures: "QPR Not Chelsea "Feeder Club"...Warnock on Hill and Derry...Will it be: "QPR Reach the Fifth Round of the FA Cup" Or....

-

- Flashback: The QPR-Wimbledon Merger


_____________________________________________________

- An ongoing matter of continued "regret" to at least this blogger: That Queen's Park Rangers FC continue to provide a forum on its Official Match Day broadcast show to "QBlockPete" - Pete Davies.  But obviously the Club is free to act as it chooses; and utilize whomsoever it wants! 
    More to come!


- Neil Warnock's Responds re HIS Ballboy "Past" and praises QPR's Hill and Derry
 "...Derry heeds advice
Congratulations to Shaun Derry on signing a new contact at my old club QPR. I bet he's glad he listened to me 18 months ago when he said he wanted to go back to Crystal Palace and I said to him, "You can't afford to turn the Premier League down, Sean, it is a short life."
I was really chuffed also to see Clint Hill named as Rangers' captain for the rest of the season. He's another player who must be pinching himself at the moment. He thought he'd be shown the door way before Christmas, but when you have an attitude like Clint it rubs off and I am sure Harry Redknapp has seen that, hence the reason he has been made captain...."
An assessment of QPR Club-Fan Communications at Loftus Road





Birmingham Mail 

Peter Odemwingie transfer update: Striker issues statement asking West Bromwich Albion to let him go

West Bromwich Albion's Peter Odemwingie has issued a statement asking to be allowed to leave to join QPR.
Peter Odemwingie has issued a statement speaking of his 'hurt' at being denied a transfer request and pleading with Albion to grant him a move to Queens Park Rangers.
Albion yesterday revealed they had rejected a transfer request from the Nigeria international.
The Baggies turned down a bid in the region of £2million from QPR for the striker two weeks ago.
Rangers are expected to return with a new offer.
The 31-year-old then followed that up last night with a plea to Albion to sanction his exit before Thursday's transfer deadline.
He said: "I'm deeply hurt and in some ways offended by the lack of reciprocal common respect from the management of West Bromwich Albion.
"During my time at the club I believe I have delivered performances, effort and goals.
"I never complained when I found out that the club failed to inform me of enquiries that might have interested me and my family in the past.
"Everyone knows how much effort and commitment I always give when I play for the club.

"The fans have been great with me and I will always respect them.
"Some may say I have contributed, along with all my team mates, to the survival of the club in the Premier League in recent seasons.
"At this stage of my career, this opportunity may not come around again. A new challenge, a new opportunity, and a chance to play under the stewardship of one of the most respected managers in the game (Harry Redknapp).
"I hope the management of West Bromwich Albion will accept my transfer request in the manner that I have requested it.
"West Bromwich Albion may argue that I am too vital a member of the team to allow me to leave now but I could argue that team selection so far this season has not reflected that and there is more than adequate cover for my position currently in the squad, culminating in my playing out of position.
"I have not taken this decision lightly and I would like West Bromwich Albion to accept what, in my opinion, is more than a reasonable offer from QPR for me."
Albion have yet to comment or respond to Odemwingie's comments.

Birmingham Mail








- Can Rehear QPR London Call In





"On This Day: YESTERDAY....













Deloitte Top 20 clubs - Chart

Deloitte Football Money League 2013


Click on each team below for more detailed analysis and commentary.

  Real Madrid €512.6m
  FC Barcelona €483m
  Manchester United €395.9m
  Bayern Munich €368.4m
  Chelsea €322.6m
  Arsenal €290.3m
  Manchester City €285.6m
  AC Milan €256.9m
  Liverpool €233.2m
  Juventus €195.4m
  Borussia Dortmund €189.1m
  Internazionale €185.9m
  Tottenham Hotspur €178.2m
  Schalke 04 €174.5m
  Napoli €148.4m
  Olympique de Marseille €135.7m
  Olympique Lyonnais €131.9m
  Hamburger SV €121.1m
  AS Roma €115.9m
  Newcastle United €115.3m





Club
Pld
Pts
22
55
23
51
22
42
22
40
22
37
21
34
23
34
23
34
23
33
23
29
23
28
22
27
23
26
23
25
22
22
23
21
23
20
23
19
23
19
23
15



Blog Archive