QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, February 02, 2014

#QPR's Dave Clement (RIP) Would have been 66 Today...Flavio Briatore on Adel Taarabt "I was the one who brought him from Tottenham"...Flashback: 13 Years Today Chairman...Another Report: Austin Out for the Season?...Chris Wright Announces Resignation

-
- From the 1880s and on! - The Bushman QPR Photo Archives (including the above) -

- QPR Report Messageboard

-
Follow QPR REPORT on TWITTER!
-
_____________________________________________

- Dave Clement (RIP) - Would have been Sixty-Six Today



- RIP Tony Hateley (Father of Mark Hateley) - Flashback to his Birmingham Debut vs QPR



- Birthdays Yesterday for John Byrne and Simon Stainrod


-

- 13 Years Ago Today: Chairman Chris Wright Announces He's Resigning as QPR Chairman



- 13 Years ago: Manager Gerry Francis: QPR in Crisis


QPR vs Burnley: Reports/Comments/Photos



- Schoolboy Posed as Journalist/Fooled Many




- Flavio Briatore on Adel Taarabt

ESPN

Taarabt 'honoured' by surprise Milan move

Adel Taarabt has revealed it would be an "honour" to play for AC Milan as he arrived in Italy ahead of a potential loan move to the Serie A club.

Taarabt, who has spent the first half of the season on loan at Fulham from Queens Park Rangers, is expected to be unveiled as a Milan player before the transfer window closes on Friday.

"I am honoured to be able to play in the best club in the world," Taarabt told Gazzetta dello Sport. "[Manager] Clarence Seedorf and I talked and we are both happy."

"I'm a striker and I also like to play behind the strikers. I do not know Balotelli personally, but I know who he is and I am pleased to be able to play with him," he added.

Taarabt has been seen wearing an AC Milan scarf, and will make the switch to the Italian outfit based on the advice given to him by former QPR co-owner Flavio Briatore.

"I know him well," Briatore said. "He was the one who led my QPR towards the Premier League. He's phenomenal. Milan have made a great signing, but he's a talented player who needs looking after."



www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/278425.html#UWwwGIRRXyKMwclr.99


Adel Taarabt seals AC Milan loan move
Business ghana 31st January 2014


Taarabt could make his Milan move permanent in the summer

AC Milan have announced that they have completed the signing of Adel Taarabt on a loan deal until the end of the season from QPR. The midfielder, who was on loan at Fulham from parent club QPR, could make the move permanent in the summer, with a seven million euro transfer fee being reported.

Taarabt landed at Milan's Linate airport on Thursday morning, and later told Milan Channel: "I'm honoured to be able to play for the best club in the world. I spoke with Clarence Seedorf, and we're both happy. I'm an attacker and I like to play behind the strikers. I don’t know [Mario] Balotelli personally, but I know who he is and it's pleasing to be able to play with him. I hope to make my compatriots proud, because I'm the first Moroccan to play in Milan."

The Moroccan passed a medical on Thursday and officially became a Rossoneri player on Friday, making himself available to coach Clarence Seedorf for their clash with Torino at the San Siro on Saturday night.

"He's very talented and he seemed to be very enthusiastic about coming here," said Seedorf at a news conference on Friday.

Taarabt is Milan's fourth new arrival this winter after Adil Rami, Keisuke Honda and Michael Essien and is understood to have been one of the primary transfer targets for Seedorf, with the move backed by former QPR co-owner Flavio Briatore, who has recommended him to Milan general manager Adriano Galliani.

"I know him well," Briatore told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "He was the one who led my QPR towards the Premier League. He's phenomenal. Milan have made a great signing, but he's a talented player who needs looking after.

"He's a lad who needs protection, he needs affection. I was the one who bought him from Tottenham. I'm sure he'll find his feet in Italian football. He has no preference between his left or his right foot and he's strong from set-pieces."


The move for Taarabt has raised a few eyebrows in Italy, with many having expected a bigger, more established name to arrive.

But Briatore said: "I only had positive things to say about him. When he was still with QPR, he told me he wanted a change of scenery and that he wanted to leave England because it was a bit gloomy. I negotiated with Marseille, but he ended up at Fulham. Well, now he's in Milan he's not going to see much sunshine there."

Cristian Zaccardo, who had initially been expected to move to Fulham as part of the deal, now looks likely to return to his former club Parma, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

www.businessghana.com/portal/sports/news.php?op=getNews&id=40225&news_cat_id=3


London 24


QPR’s Adel Taarabt ends Fulham loan spell to join AC Milan
Adel Taarabt. Photo by Paul Thomas/Getty Images Adel Taarabt. Photo by Paul Thomas/Getty Images

Thursday, January 30, 2014
2:52 PM

Adel Taarabt has joined AC Milan from QPR on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent move.

The 24-year-old had been on loan at Fulham since the summer but has failed to impress, scoring just one goal in 16 appearances.

Taarabt was left out of the Cottagers’ squad for Tuesday’s 2-0 defeat to Swansea when boss Rene Meulensteen confirmed that the Serie A giants were interested.

The Moroccan international told Milan’s website: “I’m very happy to be here and it’s an honor to play for the strongest team in Italy.

“I already spoke to [head coach Clarence] Seedorf and he told me what he expects of me. I can’t wait to start playing.”

Asked to give a message to the Rossoneri fans, Taarabt said: “I’ll give 100 per cent and I hope we’ll have some fun together.”

He will join a team that contains former Manchester City cult hero Mario Balotelli.

He said: “I don’t know him personally but it’s a great honor for me to be able to play with him.

“I’m a player that likes to attack, score and dribble.”

Former QPR co-owner Flavio Briatore told Gazzetta dello Sport: “I know him [Taarabt] well. He was the one who led my QPR towards the Premier League. He’s phenomenal.

“Milan have made a great signing, but he’s a talented player who needs looking after.

“He’s a lad who needs protection, he needs affection. I was the one who bought him from Tottenham Hotspur. I’m sure he’ll find his feet in Italian football. He has no preference between his left or his right foot and he’s strong from set pieces.”

Taarabt responded, saying: “He was the club president at QPR and we have a good relationship. I’m sure he’ll be happy that I’m Milan player.”

www.london24.com/sport/fulham/qpr_s_adel_taarabt_ends_fulham_loan_spell_to_join_ac_milan_1_3260312




1 Leicester 29 24 66
2 QPR 28 16 56
3 Burnley 28 19 53
4 Derby 29 17 52
5 Nottm Forest 27 15 47
6 Reading 29 14 47
7 Ipswich 29 9 43
8 Blackburn 29 2 42
9 Brighton 27 7 40
10 Wigan 27 3 40
11 Leeds 28 4 39
12 Middlesbrough 29 6 38
13 Huddersfield 28 -1 34
14 Bournemouth 28 -13 34
15 Blackpool 29 -14 33
16 Watford 26 3 31
17 Sheff Wed 27 0 30
18 Birmingham 28 -3 30
19 Doncaster 29 -18 29
20 Bolton 28 -13 28
21 Millwall 28 -26 26
22 Charlton 27 -13 24
23 Barnsley 27 -20 21
24 Yeovil 26 -18 20
Table


Blog Archive